Editorial Guidelines for Approved Authors
- Posts must be informational, not self-promotional. Text links in the post body deemed self-promotional by the editor will be removed.
- Posts must have a strong B2B slant.
- Posts must be original content. Authors may republish/repurpose posts after publication.
- We reserve the right to accept, edit, reject and schedule for publication at our discretion.
- All content published on the B2B Insights blog is intellectual property of B2B Insights.
WORDPRESS UPLOADS (Regular Contributors)
- When your draft is ready, notify me via email. I’ll review and publish, usually within 5 working days.
- Select one and only one category for your post.
- Add a meta description using the All in One SEO Pack.
- Do not add a Title in the All in One SEO Pack.
- Do not change the default URL of your post.
- We will create a featured image for your post.
- Feel free to non-featured images as needed.
- Make sure all hyperlinks open in a new window.
- Please use H2 tags for subheads, and H3 tags for subheads under H2s.
WORD DOC SUBMISSIONS (Occasional Contributors)
- Insert hyperlinks in the document.
- Word .doc and .docx only.
- Include images (see #6 and #7 above) as email attachments AND inserted in the document where you want them to display.
- Bios for occasional contributors will appear in the body of the text, and should be included in the Word doc submission.
- Bios must refer to a person, using a first name, last name, company and title.
- Bios for regular contributors will be set up by our staff.
- Bios should be 3-4 sentences, and can include up to three links. (Recommended: A rel=author link, a company link and a social media link.) Add a head shot as well if you like.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Editor, B2B Insights