17 Ideas for B2B Newsletter Content
Email marketing works extremely well in B2B, but many companies struggle to create enough content to sustain a monthly campaign. Here are content ideas to keep your presses rolling and make subscribers eager to read every new email.
- Show photos of your product being used in common applications.
- Show photos of your product being used in unusual applications.
- Write mini case studies (1-2 paragraphs) about how your product/service solved a common problem.
- Write mini case studies about how your product/service solved an unusual problem.
- Invite subscribers to respond to brief (5-10 question) surveys about your products, services or industry issues.
- Publish results and analysis of each survey, giving subscribers insight about industry trends and application solutions.
- Provide short (1-2 sentence) synopses and links to important industry news or opinion articles.
- Write short bios of employees (1-3 per newsletter) with head shots.
- Run a “Customer FAQ” series where you provide answers — 1-3 questions per newsletter.
- Run an “Industry Terms” series where you provide accurate definitions of technical industry terms — 1-3 per newsletter.
- Run an annual “Customer FAQ Recap” article where you consolidate all of the FAQ’s from previous newsletters.
- Run an annual “Industry Terms Recap” article where you consolidate all of the definitions from previous newsletters.
- Offer subscriber-only loyalty programs.
- Offer subscriber-only discounts on new purchases, closeout items, larger order quantities, etc.
- Offer subscriber-only discounts in exchange for referrals.
- Invite subscribers to participate in evaluations of new products/services.
- Report subscriber feedback/status updates on those evaluations.